yes, it has to be sorted at plugin level
And even more precisely at each goal level: it seems only some goal produce
non-reproducible content, or even only some options of some goals

I Felix could produce a doc on how to configure for Reproducible Builds, that
would be awesome, since this plugin is one of the most complex to configure:
I'd happily update to link to that documentation in the table from
https://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-reproducible-builds.html

Regards,

Hervé