Are you planning to create a baseline project or selecting a range of
projects to be used as a baseline, so that perceived improvements can
be monitored? So that anyone wanting to help out or give feedback can
submit their own build performance.

i.e.
1. Equipment OS, Ram, CPU, physical, virtual, docker, openshift, other
2. Java version
3. Maven version
4. Speedtest results
5. Direct Internet Connection or via Http Proxy or via Nexus/Artifactory
6. Clean/Fresh Local Repo Execution Time
7. 2nd Execution Time, after everything downloaded

As using Maven since 2005, I've found each new release has gotten
faster and faster, and most performance issues have been around what
OS I'm using, SSD vs HDD and also do you have enough free RAM etc.

As I'm surprised how quickly my builds are running at the moment, the
only issue is when I see maven perform internet connections
downloading new dependencies or say the versions plugin to check. Any
thoughts about adding a HTTP/2 Server Push support so if it's Maven
Aware and you request the pom it can also push back the hashes and
maybe the jar too.

Regarding a "zombie" maven instance, it should be opt in so i need to
explicitly enable it as often i'm jumping around between lots of
projects so don't want each having a "zombie" progress and i might not
be building that project again for another week maybe.

John