Hi Michael,

I did the majority of the setup.

Seen by infra, our site is using svnpubsub, which is the key for us to publish
100 independant component sites without checkout out the whole aggregated
site. (no, gitpubsub is not the best option in our case)

We basically use maven-site-plugin to generate html, then commit it to svn
(for svnpubsub) with maven-scm-publish-plugin: you can for example publish
maven-site with "mvn site-deploy" from your machine, same for every component
documentation.

Next step is CI integration, to avoid requiring everybody to build maven-site
on his machine: infra provides a Jenkins agent for that, see our job [1]

The last step for easy use is to provide the "edit" icon in the skin's
breadcrumb like added a few years ago [2]

More details can be found at [3].
But the setup is not that complex: it's just maven-site, svnpubsub, a normal
CI job, and a few ideas to ease navigation

Don't hesitate to ping me and tell me where to involve if I can be of any
help.

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven-site/job/