I don't want to hijack this voting thread but...

JDK is already OS-insensitive for compiling (even for META-INF/MANIFEST.MF,
for example).
What is OS sensitive is other build tasks that manipulate files that contain
newlines (= the pom.properties our Maven plugin generates, or plugin.xml, or
any resource that people choose to copy in their jar, that can either be text
or binary...)

Regards,

Hervé