Hello dev-list,

some weeks ago, I have started creating some Pull Requests for the Maven
JLink Plugin [1]. There were many hints about coding rules or decision
which version / libs etc should be used and more. So I need some
iterations till a trivial (IMHO) PR was accepted or in one case to find
out the PR was completely unnecessary. That was a little bit frustating.
I think it would be easier for new contributor to have a guideline or
checklist of things to consider. I would love to help create such a
checklist or guideline to lower the barrier to entry for contributing. I
already discuss the idea with Ben and he has agreed to help. So what do
you think about this idea? If this idea finds approval, where is the
best place to place it?

Best regards,

Sandra

[1]