PR welcome for deprecation removal

on JDK 8, I'm -1 because I know that it's a one char update in a pom file, but
I don't see any benefit, I only see drawback: it can be used in less cases.
And concretely, on Reproducible Central [1], if I upgrade JDK prerequisite to
JDK 8, I have 16 releases that I can't check any more (search for "j7" and
you'll see the updated value)

Then thank you, I'll remain with JDK 7 target bytecode

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://github.com/jvm-repo-rebuild/reproducible-central