I am not an expert on GitHub actions but also saw this article from Andres
which is useful to deploy to Maven Central using GitHub Actions :
https://andresalmiray.com/publishing-to-maven-central-using-apache-maven/
(useful with the shutdown of JFrog's JCentral repo)

I think it may be good for the community if we could provide some best
practices / tools such a commonly used platform

I am not sure about the "verified", when I look at the ruby one it doesn't
look to be small thing to maintain and I am not sure our team will have
such bandwidth ( https://github.com/ruby/setup-ruby )

--
Arnaud Héritier
Twitter/Skype : aheritier