Hi Robert,

The issue can be reproduced using theJavaFX application hosted on Github <https://github.com/abhinayagarwal/maven-jlink-plugin-javafx/>. It uses the maven-jlink-plugin to create a native image and fails.

Ben's example hosted at https://github.com/alttpj/MemeforceHunt does work and I was able to successfully apply the same logic to my application. It needs the user to exclude the transitive dependency and provide a platform classifier to make it work, which IMO isn't very idle :). The working `pom.xml` is available here: https://github.com/abhinayagarwal/maven-jlink-plugin-javafx/blob/working/pom.xml

-Abhinay