It is only a milestone version which means a work in progress. The fixes
made so far are really minor, no need to make any release.
If you take a look at the road map, you will see that I do not need to fix
tiny issues, I need to rework the additional attributes which will transfer
events about tests. There are testId and RunOrder. Without them the BIGGER
fixes, than the ones you are aiming for, would not be possible, e.g. better
xml marshaller, logs from parallel tests and re-run which is currently
unstable due to it relies on the order of test run. The next thing which
seems to be easier and also necessary is the execution of UUID and Script
which is needed by Cucumber and junit5.
The sad thing is that mostly common users participate and they become
committers. Our official committers do not. So Enrico, pls participate in
coding because many of us like performing releases but there are only few
hard workers. Making a release is easy but taking the responsibility for
the binaries in the world is much harder. So, pls participate in
Stackoverflow like Karl does and me, participate in coding and then we can
talk about taking a benefit from a release.

Yeah, one more very important thing. We introduced TCP connector for making
the above plan possible. The user found that the TCP feature hangs somehow,
see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SUREFIRE-1881. It took me several
months to understand the rootcase. It has nothing to do with TCP itself,
nothing but process pipes which are full of bytes before the tcp makes
handshaking. Releasing the work in the middle and unstable is silly. You
know when I found the root cause? It was at 1:30 early in the morning.
Again pls come to work and spend less time in discussions, let;s work in
PRs on GitHub and we will have a chance to make releases earlier.
I am sorry that I am a bad guy, but I asked Enrico several times to work in
this OSS as well. I know Enrico that you participate in another OSSes too
but you have to decide, since the day has only 24 hours, how much you will
do and what you will do, but sorry making a release without working on it
is not adequate.