You must have different Java packages in Jar modules in order to have
regular JMPS modules.
One user of Maven reported a bug against IntelliJ IDEA that the IDE does
not understand src/test/java/module-info.java.
The only way on how to support one common Java package and two JPMS modules
too is to bundle src/target/classes and src/target/test-classes and merge
both module-info.class, but it is against the idea of Maven lifecycle and
it may be erroneous.