I would love to prepare decent PR
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOLVER-7?focusedCommentId=17171271&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-17171271>
for the MRESOLVER-7 issue, so that it makes it to one of the upcoming
releases. But I could definitely use some guidance, given the history of
the ticket
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOLVER-7?focusedCommentId=16885618&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16885618>
and the fact that it’s my first contribution to Maven and OSS in general.
Is there anyone willing to point me in the right direction (in email or a
quick 15-30min call)?  I would really appreciate it.

For now I’m reading the general things about contributing to Maven and
looking at the old branch that was merged and then reverted.

I see the master branch of Maven Resolver corresponds to v1.7.x, which
requires Maven 4, however I would love to target the current Maven 3.x.
Where should I start my PR off master or  maven-resolver-1.6.x?

Thanks,
Ivan