De: "Slawomir Jaranowski" <s.jaranow...@gmail.com>
À: "Maven Developers List" <dev@maven.apache.org>
Envoyé: Dimanche 10 Avril 2022 21:20:33
Objet: Re: We need to lay down strategy

our CI has running build for branches:
 - master
 - 3.9.x
 - 3.8.x

It is only versions for which we can do changes, for others we simply don't
have running infrastructure, so the rest of the versions should be
officially mentioned as EOL.

To be clear we also should add information what kind of change will be
accepted for specific version, like: 3.8.x, 3.9.x only critical regression
bugs as Tamás mentions

niedz., 10 kwi 2022 o 19:59 Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr>
napisał(a):

> > > no
> > > please read the EOL message we took a lot of discussion to define for
> > > Maven
>  3.0.x:
> > > "Maven 3.0 has now reached its end of life. New plugin releases will
> > > require
>  Maven 3.1 or later."
> > >
> > > yes, the definition of what "EOL" and "supported" mean for a project
> like
> > > ours
>  is not so easy: finding the right message is not easy
> >

> > But I don't think that this is the full truth.
> > What we actually do is to compile against a specific Maven version, but
> > only test latest. I don't expect that everyone tests with 3.1.x, 3.2.x
> > and so it -- I don't and will not.
> 1. our CI tests quite a good number of situations: we don't expect manual
> test
> from every committer
> 2. even if we don't fully test every detailed situation, we defined our
> minimum
> required Maven version to show that we support these situation
> 3. if you go that route, please define what support means given our OSS
> nature
>
> let's be reasonable at every level

Sławomir Jaranowski