Guillaume,

I tried mvnd with:

- https://github.com/takari/takari-lifecycle
- https://github.com/jvanzyl/provisio
- Maven
- a project using jenv exec with Quarkus/Picocli/Graal

All seem to work fine, and as expected.

The output is certainly better than the normal Maven output, but I still find
the output a little jarring. The list of modules being worked on expands and
contracts, but a suggestion I’d put forward is to show all modules in build
order and visually change the appearance of a given line as the corresponding
module is processed. The visual block you are looking at will remain constant
in size, and I’d think that will be easier to follow. This will be an issue if
you have more modules than lines available in the terminal, and I’m not sure
what is best in this case, but for most cases I think the constant block will
be easier to track.

Are you looking any other specific feedback?

Jason

> On May 4, 2022, at 8:39 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I've staged a candidate release at
>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/maven/mvnd/0.8.0/
>
> The changelog is available at
>
> https://github.com/apache/maven-mvnd/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#080-2022-05-04
>
> I've fixed a bunch of issues regarding the native libraries and
> reproducible builds.
> This is the second attempt at releasing the first version of Mvnd since its
> move into the Maven project, so a thorough look would be welcomed !
>
> Fwiw, the release process is explained at https://github.com/apache/maven-
> mvnd/blob/master/RELEASING.adoc (this is not complete, i'll focus on the
> next phases once the vote passes).
>

> Guillaume

A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and
his play; his labor and his leisure; his mind and his body; his education and
his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of
excellence through whatever he is doing, and leaves others to determine whether
he is working or playing. To himself, he always appears to be doing both.

-- François-René de Chateaubriand