Am 2022-07-19 um 18:24 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
Hi to all,

what do you think about using JDK17 as minimum requirement for running
the future Apache Maven 4.0.0 ?

Given that 8 is a transitional version, I guess 8 is still good enough. I cannot see any benefit in Java 8, frankly, that would impose a huge problem/burden on many. Maybe in in the future we could raise to Java 11 build requirement if there is a good reason, but retain bytecode at Java 8 level. Just like Tomcat TLP did recently.

Always consider that Maven is a base technology, therefore it must remain accessible.