Hello!

I'm seeing test failures when javac produces JDK 21 bytecode as opposed
to JDK 20 bytecode:

https://github.com/io7m/surefire-20231015

You'll need JDK 21.

Essentially, `mvn package` will work, but `mvn
-Dio7m.java.targetJavaVersion=21 package` will cause a test failure.

The actual root symptom is that ServiceLoader.load() will return no
implementations, even though three implementations are registered in
the module descriptor. I don't know why this is a problem when the
bytecode version is 65, but not a problem when the bytecode version is
64.

The same tests work just fine in Intellij IDEA with any bytecode
version set.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

--
Mark Raynsford | https://www.io7m.com