Howdy,

I still think we need to modify few bits here and there:
- we MUST compile against latest maven (3.9.6 currently)
- this thread (as I see) is about "minimal prerequisite" for plugin (so
POM/prerequisite)
- to address issues Slawek brought up, we need at least to modify this
stanza in CI:
https://github.com/apache/maven-gh-actions-shared/blob/v3/.github/workflows/maven-verify.yml#L50
and build with "minimal prerequisite" and "current" at least, so matrix of
Maven would be generally array [ "3.6.3", "3.9.6" ] as this would catch any
problem Slawek brought up

As if we keep building against versions released 2-5-10 years ago, whatever
we deprecate in 3.9.x is never picked up.

Thanks