Hey all. Thanks Romain for pointing out the thread for me.

One issue is that Central publishers is a much larger set of folks than the
Maven Dev group. Obviously there's lots of overlap, but as Romain said,
creating a plugin is a thing that can be done independently.

As we've been working towards refreshing the infra used to publish to
Central, we have reached out collaboratively to other known tools that
required support. Specifically Gradle and also Andres / JReleaser to ensure
that there is broad tooling support for the new apis. Since we created a
Maven plugin ourselves, and it is largely based on the long standing Nexus
staging plugin, it wasn't apparent that any conversation was needed here.

We will need to dig in other Maven Compat and opening the source however so
good call outs.