Please don't use the version in the GAV as marketing, this will be
crazy-making for users IMO, especially if I have to look inside a jar to
figure out what my expectations should be regarding semantic versioning.

My view is that the user visible jar file name containing the version
should set expectation for compatibility and how "risky" a plug-in update
is, for example 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 should be 0-risk.

Gary