+1.

I'd make it fileMode for consistency, though, and I'd also allow the fileMode and lineEndings to be specified in a fileSet.

I think we can update the details of MNG-266 for this purpose. Are you planning to work on it?

Thanks,
Brett

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

I would like to propose an extension to <assembly/>:

<dependencySet>
     <outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>

     <outputFileNameMapping>
           ${artifactId}.${extension}
     </outputFileNameMapping>

     <FileMode>770</FileMode>
     <lineEndings>crlf</lineEndings>

     <excludes>
            .
            .
            .

<outputFileNameMapping/> would map the filename to the notation given,
in the example above it would strip off the version information (the default
would be ${artifactId}-${version}.${extension} ).

<FileMode/> sets the file permissions to the given value for all files
from this dependencySet.

<lineEndings/> converts the cr's to crlf.

RFC,
Andreas