dan tran wrote:

I still don't understand. The assembly plugin is already released! :)
Do you mean the wait for the 2.1 release?

It has been 2 and half months. ;-)  Is it time a for a new release?

Any how, I agree that It does not look right when there are 2 similar
plugins.

Agreed, I think the assembly plugin should be able to perform simple tasks as well and another plugin with similiar capabilities would just be confusing not to mention a maintenance problem.

- Brett

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

A man enjoys hsi work when he understands the whole and when he
is responsible for the quality of the whole

 -- Christopher Alexander, A Pattern Language