Hi,

getting XDOC out of the maven/velocity realm and making an  "official"
format would IMHO help its visibility tremendously. That's why I
proposed to adopt it as

-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD XDOC 1.0//EN"

and removed all the maven and velocity references from it. Having it
online is good, having it at www.apache.org/dtds with an official
location and version number (1.0) is IMHO much better.

It would also avoid "sneaking stuff in". ;-) (navbar...)

        Best regards
                Henning

On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 22:25 +0200, Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
> Hi, in fact it's not yet documented but the dtd is already online :
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/xdoc/maven-xdoc.dtd
>
> cheers
>
> arnaud
>
> On 3/31/06, Lukas Theussl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>         No, there is none. The DTD is currently only available in SVN,
>         it was
>         added in the 1.10 version of the maven-1 xdoc plugin which is
>         not
>         released yet. As such, it is still work in progress, so I
>         don't know if
>         it's a good idea to publish it at this point. However, as far
>         as I'm
>         concerned, the xdoc-1.10 plugin could be released very soon,
>         we will
>         consider your demand as soon as it's done (please remind us if
>         we
>         forget, I know you are good at that! ;) )
>
>         -Lukas
>

>         Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
>         > Hi,
>         >
>         > I finally was able to make heads and tails of the xdoc DTD
>         as included
>         > in the maven 1 xdoc plugin (thanks a lot for this, Lukas &
>         Arnaud!) . To
>         > make XMLMind to automatically identify these files, we do
>         need a DTD
>         > public identifier. Do you already have one? Googling for
>         this didn't
>         > really help me here.
>         >
>         > If you don't have decided for an identifier, I'd like to
>         propose:
>         >
>         > <!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//Apache Software
>         Foundation//DTD XDOC 1.0//EN"
>         >
>         "http://www.apache.org/dtds/xdoc_1_0.dtd";>
>         >
>         > as DTD identifier for the XDOC format. As I understand, we
>         then must
>         > make this DTD visible at the designated location, which
>         needs
>         > coordination with the infra people. However, putting it
>         under
>         > www.apache.org means, that the mirror system will pick up
>         these DTDs.
>         >
>         > Any opinions? If you agree, you can take a look at
>         > http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-velocity/EditXdocs
>         >
>         > to get my XMLMind hackery for actually editing xdocs (not
>         just painfully
>         > writing them... :-) ).
>         >
>         >       Best regards
>         >               Henning
>         >

>         For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

Social behaviour: Bavarians can be extremely egalitarian and folksy.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavaria
Most Franconians do not like to be called Bavarians.
                                    -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconia