Hi,

On 7/26/06, Trygve Laugstøl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That is not the problem, the problem is that the metadata from all the
repositories has to be _merged_ and dispatched properly by proximity.
That is why any plain http proxy will fail acting as a repository for Maven.

Ah, I see. My knowledge was here faulty a little bit, sorry.

At a first glance, it is easily implentable at proximityBean level (it
has the list of repos), using some similar pattern as repositoryBean
does for retrieval logic. Actually, externalize the current "first
serves wins" serving algorithm to some customizable form.

And this issue is only for aggregated reposes. Does anything else
needs merging through reposes?

I will create an issue for that.

How can Maven solve this problem? Maven will properly merge the metadata
from the different repositories but Proximity is effectively stopping
half of the data coming through.

sorry, i meant to say: solution could be to not "aggregate"
repositories, you could use different base URLs for them (in POM or
settings.xml). It is what Barrie suggested on the top of the thread.
And it is (will be) solvable with the "repo relocation" i was talking
about. Proximity will serve metadata properly then, no?

Thanx,
~t~