john casey and I talked on irc a bit and we were leaning towards the
idea of adding ProjectGroup lvl BuildDefinitions as a good way to go.

then on the ProjectGroup display we can easily display the inherited
build definitions and on the individual project pages we can render
out two tables, one for inherited build defintions and then the
project specific ones should they exist.  Or in the existing
buildDefinitions table with a column for inherited and local
definitions.

This solves the issue of aggregating the project group lvl build
definitions up to a single statement and then pushing them back down
into the projects with unique build definition ids.

anyway, that was our thought, others are welcome, I am going to dig
into the model a bit and see about adding this and maybe a utility
method on the ProjectGroup object in the model for aggregating them
based on the known projects in the project group.

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]