I would love to see modello allow one descriptor to reference
element(s) already defined in another descriptor.  This way
assemly's "shared component" feature does not look like a hack ;-)

-D

On 9/23/06, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 23 Sep 06, at 4:56 PM 23 Sep 06, dan tran wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Here is a comment on top of component.xml
>
> <!-- Note Definitions of FileSet, FileItem, and DependencySet are
>     already defined in descriptor.mod, but repeated  here since
>     Modello currently does not have capability to share files
> -->
>
> It is intended to have component.xml to share definitions already
> defined in
> descriptor.mod.  But modello does not have this capability.
>
> I had a discussion with Brett and he agreed that we need to repeat
> the info
> in 2 places.

Yes, I read that but what's the point you're just cutting and pasting
between the two of them for now.

> -D
>

> On 9/23/06, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Why are there two descriptors in the assembly plugin that have many
>> identical entries?
>>
>> Jason van Zyl
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jason van Zyl