Graham, if you confirm you have it working just get me the settings
your using and I get the readme updated with it.

thanks,

jesse

On 10/19/06, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
For Jetty, look in jetty-env.xml in the webapp.

For Tomcat, I think it's this (derived from my plexus configuration
for the naming component, should match Tomcat though):

          <Resource>
             <name>jdbc/users</name>
             <type>javax.sql.DataSource</type>
             <properties>
               <property>
                 <name>driverClassName</name>
                 <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</value>
               </property>
               <property>
                 <name>url</name>
                 <value>jdbc:derby:${plexus.home}/database/
users;create=true</value>
               </property>
               <property>
                 <name>username</name>
                 <value>sa</value>
               </property>
               <property>
                 <name>password</name>
                 <value></value>
               </property>
             </properties>
           </Resource>
           <Resource>
             <name>jdbc/continuum</name>
             <type>javax.sql.DataSource</type>
             <properties>
               <property>
                 <name>driverClassName</name>
                 <value>org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver</value>
               </property>
               <property>
                 <name>url</name>
                 <value>jdbc:derby:${plexus.home}/database/
continuum;create=true</value>
               </property>
               <property>
                 <name>username</name>
                 <value>sa</value>
               </property>
               <property>
                 <name>password</name>
                 <value></value>
               </property>
             </properties>
           </Resource>

On 20/10/2006, at 12:08 AM, ben short wrote:

> well it should be pretty easy...
>
> Assuming you know how to setup a deaby server and how to create
> databases then you just need to change the driver class and url of
> each resource and you should be in busness.
>
> Ben
>
> On 10/19/06, Graham Leggett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> ben short wrote:
>>
>> > I used the admin webapp for tomcat 5.5 to create the following two
>> > jndi resources.
>> >
>> > jdbc/continuum
>> > jdbc/users
>> >
>> > This resulted in the following context being created in the
>> server.xml
>>
>> Is there any easy to follow config out there that describes
>> setting up a
>> derby database with continuum? The tomcat docs include lots of
>> examples
>> for various external DBs, but none for small scale DBs.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Graham
>> --

jesse mcconnell