Would it perhaps be sufficient to add a <skip> configuration to all
plugins, such that you could declare the plugin the parent, and then
add a <skip>true in the plugin definition in the children which would
cause that plugin to be skipped for that specific child/module?

Just trying to think of some ways to implement this feature request...

Wayne