Hi all,

I asked on the user list whether I was doing this correctly, but got no response - in the mean time this is looking like a bug.

I have a jar file, attached to the lifecycle being the compiling of some C++ code into target/build, which works fine.

I need to embed the C++ library inside the jar file, so I add the following resource:

      <resource>
        <directory>${project.build.directory}/build</directory>
        <includes>
          <include>**/*.dll</include>
          <include>**/*.so</include>
          <include>**/*.dylib</include>
        </includes>
      </resource>

And nothing happens - the C++ library is present, but ignored and never ends up in the jar file.

Running mvn -X install doesn't help, as the jar plugin doesn't output any relevant debug level information, like the directories it considers for inclusion.

Can anyone confirm whether this is supposed to work?

I am using maven v2.0.4.

Regards,
Graham