Agreed.  Putting the "release management" hat on, "betas", "RCs", etc. are
not much of a beta/RC when they keep adding new functionality....they are
continued development releases.  :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnaud HERITIER [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 5:43 AM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: [m1] review of plugins to release

Ok, I agree. I don't know if Jeff's change in the javadoc is dangerous, but
It's certainly a better idea to postpone its integration in the
distribution.
I'll in some minutes the vote for all the plugins I mentioned but it's not a
vote to incorporate them in the RC1 distribution.
I think to release maven-model-3.0.2 tomorrow to finish the delay of 72h.
Then we'll be able to release all the others plugins (I havjust to finish
few work on nsis today or tomorrow).

Cheers.

Arnaud

On 23/04/07, Lukas Theussl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have talked about it in private already: I think we have made the
> error far too often now, that we waited for 'small' releases in order to
> get the big one out. I also don't like adding new features in the last
> minute, eg I haven't had time to really test Jeff's last changes to the
> javadoc plugin. Thus, in general, I'd prefer to release m11 with the set
> of plugins that we have scheduled, small fixes/additions to plugins
> should be done independently afterwards. The only exception I would
> consider is the multichanges plugin, which has some very cool new
> features, we are using it already for the maven site and it's well tested.
>

> Among the scheduled plugins, all except test are basically ready for a
> realease as is, as soon as maven-model-3.0.2 is out, so I think we could
> finalize an rc1 by the end of this week.
>
> Cheers,
> -Lukas
>

> Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> >  We have actually in the pipe the following plugins to release for maven
> > 1.1 RC1 [1][2]:
> >  - artifact 1.9
> >  - changelog 1.9.2
> >  - dist 1.7.1
> >  - eclipse 1.11.1
> >  - ejb 1.7.3
> >  - linkcheck 1.4.1
> >  - multiproject 1.5.1
> >  - nsis 2.1
> >  - test 1.8.1
> >  - war 1.6.3
> >  - xdoc 1.10.1
> >  With the last snapshot of the artifact plugin, a release is done in few
>
> > minutes ;-) The longest is to wait 72h for the vote !
> >
> >  Thus I have some doubts about some others plugins which have changes
> > already applied [3] that could justify a new release :
> >  - artifact 1.8.1 should be created and released to solve the issue we
> had
> > in the maven 1.1 beta 3 [4]. Due to the upgrade of wagon, the plugin in
> the
> > trunk isn't compatible with maven 1.1-beta-3. Is it necessary ?
> >  - idea 1.7 : 1 new feature
> >  - jalopy 1.5.1 : 1 new feature
> >  - jar 1.9 : 1 minor fix (perhaps a version 1.8.1?)
> >  - javadoc 1.9 : 1 new feature and 1 fix (the page will be updated in
> some
> > hours)
> >  - jxr 1.6 : should we try to use jxr 2.1 ?
> >  - multichanges 1.3 : 2 new features
> >  - plugin 1.8 : 1 fix (perhaps a version 1.7.1)
> >
> > WDYT ?
> >
> > Arnaud
> >

> > [1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1769
> > [2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+1.1+plugin
> > [3]

http://maven.zones.apache.org/~continuum/staging-sites/m1-plugins/maven-1.x/
plugins/bundled/multichanges-report-next.html

<http://maven.zones.apache.org/%7Econtinuum/staging-sites/m1-plugins/maven-1