How on earth would you ever debug the inevitable issues when you suddenly
upgrade to all new versions of plugins (and worse dependencies?)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hervé BOUTEMY [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 4:18 AM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: Remove auto-resolution of plugin versions from Maven 2.1

Le mardi 1 mai 2007, Jerome Lacoste a écrit :
> Maybe there could be an easy way to let users use the latest ? maybe
> something like
>   mvn -L  ...  ( L for latest)
> that would ignore all specified versions, without requiring a POM
> change ? Maybe too radical.
such a LATEST option would be very usefull, not only for plugins but for every
dependencies, to do regression testing against latest development version of
everything. It would be like if Gump was integrated into Maven:
http://gump.apache.org/

I think we would need to differentiate plugin latest from dependencies latest.

Hervé