I would be curious to see the -X output if you could send it along.

Your dependency declaration on junit 4.1 is a project dependency, not a
plugin dependency.  That means it shouldn't affect the classpath for the
xmlbeans plugin, when it runs.  You should try adding a dependency in the
plugin declaration itself, like this:

<plugin>
 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
 <artifactId>xmlbeans-maven-plugin</artifactId>
 <executions>
   <execution>
     <goals>
       <goal>xmlbeans</goal>
     </goals>
     <phase>generate-sources</phase>
   </execution>
 </executions>
 <dependencies>
   <dependency>
     <groupId>junit</groupId>
     <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
     <version>4.1</version>
   </dependency>
 </dependencies>
</plugin>

Try that out and keep me posted  ;o)

Patrick

On 5/15/07, Richard van der Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ecker Severin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately removing the exclusion clause didn't help ;/
> is there anything wrong with my pom file? I can't find a problem there
but maybe I'm missing something.

Can't see anything obviously wrong. You might try running mvn with -X
which will give you lots of debug, including a bit about how it's
resolving dependencies.

I don't think it's causing your problem, but one thing to note is that
if you are only using junit for testing, you should specify it with
<scope>test</scope> to avoid it ending up on your runtime classpath.

>>> xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
>>> http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
>>>  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>>>  <groupId>mygroup</groupId>
>>>  <artifactId>myart</artifactId>
>>>  <packaging>jar</packaging>
>>>  <version>1.0</version>
>>>
>>>  <build>
>>>   <plugins>
>>>    <plugin>
>>>      <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>>>      <artifactId>xmlbeans-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>>      <executions>
>>>      <execution>
>>>      <goals>
>>>        <goal>xmlbeans</goal>
>>>      </goals>
>>>      <phase>generate-sources</phase>
>>>      </execution>
>>>      </executions>
>>>     </plugin>
>>>    <plugin>
>>>     <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
>>>     <artifactId>axis2-wsdl2code-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>>     <version>PATCHED</version>
>>>     <executions>
>>>      <execution>
>>>       <goals>
>>>        <goal>wsdl2code</goal>
>>>       </goals>
>>>      </execution>
>>>     </executions>
>>>    </plugin>
>>>    <plugin>
>>>     <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>>>     <artifactId>maven-compiler-plugin</artifactId>
>>>     <version>2.0</version>
>>>     <configuration>
>>>      <source>1.5</source>
>>>      <target>1.5</target>
>>>     </configuration>
>>>    </plugin>
>>>   </plugins>
>>>  </build>
>>>
>>>  <dependencyManagement>
>>>   <dependencies>
>>>    <dependency>
>>>     <groupId>junit</groupId>
>>>     <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>>>     <version>4.1</version>
>>>    </dependency>
>>>   </dependencies>
>>>  </dependencyManagement>
>>>
>>>  <dependencies>
>>>
>>>   <dependency>
>>>    <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
>>>    <artifactId>axis2-kernel</artifactId>
>>>    <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
>>>    <scope>compile</scope>
>>>    <exclusions>
>>>     <exclusion>
>>>      <groupId>junit</groupId>
>>>      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>>>     </exclusion>
>>>    </exclusion>
>>>   </dependency>
>>>
>>>   <dependency>
>>>    <groupId>junit</groupId>
>>>    <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
>>>    <version>4.1</version>
>>>   </dependency>
>>>  </dependencies>
>>> </project>
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance and best regards,
>>> Severin

Richard van der Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Telephony Gateways Project Manager
Tel: +44 (0) 845 666 7778
http://www.mxtelecom.com