Le jeudi 21 juin 2007, Jason van Zyl a écrit :
> It seems like there are many problems with encoding that could be
> easily solved with a couple tweaks to modello, specifically the
> reader and writing so I've scheduled these for 2.0.8. There some
> patches for these and hopefully Herve will work his magic with his
> suggested fix. I like the idea of borrowing the idea from the Rome IO
> utils to find the right encoding by default. That could easily be
> integrated into modello. Herve if you need access to Modello we can
> set you up.
I'm interested at working on that. Do I need Modello access, or other
components? I don't really know, these Modello things are the parts I didn't
really dive into for the moment.
The magic of the idea is that the encoding handling is not done by the parser,
but by the reader. Then, the code that has to change is the code creating the
Reader from a File: it must be changed from "new FileReader(file)" to "new
XmlReader(file)".

We need to:
1. choose where we put the XmlReader so that any code can use it when
necessary. Or have a dependency on Rome: but all Rome for only 1 class (even
if this class is really great)...
2. change every code that creates a Reader for XML parsing

WDYT?