On 22/06/07, Mark Hobson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 21/06/07, Mark Hobson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 21/06/07, Brian E. Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That's odd, I am able to build mdep with no problems.
>
> I'm building using the current 2.0.x branch, if that makes any difference?

Same problem with 2.0.5, 2.0.6 and 2.0.7..

Okay, after a bit of digging, it appears to be due to two versions of
PlexusContainer being in the classpath.  They're coming from:

- plexus-component-api-1.0-alpha-15.jar
- plexus-container-default-1.0-alpha-9-stable-1.jar

The first jar defines PlexusContainer without an initialize() method,
whereas the second jar does.  Thus for all PlexusTestCases this
results in:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusContainer.initialize()V

Anyone have any insight into these differing PlexusContainer APIs and
how one should resolve them?

Cheers,

Mark