On 28 Jun 07, at 1:33 PM 28 Jun 07, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

Le jeudi 28 juin 2007, John Casey a écrit :
On Jun 28, 2007, at 2:29 AM, Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:
2. MANTTASKS-65:  central is not automatically added any more if a
remoteRepository is set: the code has been changed to work as the
documentation said

This seems inconsistent with the way Maven as a whole works.

Are you saying that the central repository is not used if you specify
an alternative repository in your build.xml?
Yes, exactly

The super/root POM in a
normal Maven build ensures that the central repository is always
used, unless it's mirrored to a different location in the
settings.xml. It may not be the first repository checked, but it's
always there.

I don't think this is bad in Ant where there is little magic and things are entirely procedural. I think having to specify anything used is more natural to people who use Ant.

What's the reasoning behind making this work differently, rather than
just fixing the documentation?
good question.
I remember having asked whether I should fix the code or the documentation, and was replied to fix the code. But I can't find any more a reference of where I asked, and who replied, and why I was confident in this reply...

Today I'd choose the other solution: fix the doc (and since then, I added to
the tasks' doc explainations about mirrorOf).
Should we stop the release and have a vote on this?

I don't think so. I think the explicit specification is a good thing when using Ant myself.

Hervé

Aside from this, I'm +1.

-john

---