Hi Everyone,

I noticed that transitive dependencies seem to precede direct dependencies on the test classpath. I created this issue related to this:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3197

Is this behaviour by design? In the current maven, this means that if there is an older version of one of your direct dependencies in the transitive dep tree of another dependency, the older version will be used by the test code. This can be confusing when a test fails because the test is using an old version of one of the dependencies listed in the pom.

It seems like it would make more sense if the direct dependencies take priority over transitive dependencies, but maybe there is some reason for this. If not, I will start working on a patch to reverse the classpath ordering.

Thanks!