Hi,

For the first set of alpha releases I think we should be focusing on fixing many of the problems and specifically dealing with:

1) Any backward compatibility problems
2) Error reporting and general usability issues
3) Regressions
4) Failing ITs (There are 11 commented out and one failing)
5) Bugs [1]

We should be focused fixing these problems in the the first couple alphas, as we don't want to make a bad impression with the first releases, put early adopters through pain, and it would be irresponsible to start jamming in new features without addressing these issues first.

Anyone who wants to refactor and fix bugs I say go for it on the trunk, new features should stay in branches until the proposals are all collected this friday and we slot features in for specific versions. If you want to fix any bugs then just slot assign it to a version and go for it.

I think we should keep releasing alphas focusing on the issues above and start thinking about new features once they are under control. Otherwise this crap is just going to roll on and on. We need to decide that we are going to address the problems before tackling the fun new features. It's the only responsible way to continue I feel.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa? reset=true&&fixfor=13142&type=1&pid=10500&resolution=-1&sorter/ field=priority&sorter/order=DESC

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl