I normally have two subfolders of resources:

/src/main/resources/verbatim
/src/main/resources/filtered
/src/test/resources/verbatim
/src/test/resources/filtered

with the following in the build section of the pom

        <resources>
            <resource>
                <filtering>false</filtering>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources/verbatim</directory>
            </resource>
            <resource>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/main/resources/filtered</directory>
            </resource>
        </resources>
        <testResources>
            <testResource>
                <filtering>false</filtering>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/test/resources/verbatim</directory>
            </testResource>
            <testResource>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
                <directory>${basedir}/src/test/resources/filtered</directory>
            </testResource>
        </testResources>

That way if I have problems with resources getting unwanted filtering,
they go into verabtim