Heh, so you are willing to trade "build reproducibility" (for all
projects linked to central repo) for "care about the community"?   o.O

Hrm, please put that on a vote before you do it!

IF you are talking about putting up "dummy" (depsless, only GAV) POMs:
IMHO, by putting "dummy" poms (without dependency to not screw
existing builds), only ones with GAV, you do not provide any value to
community: OSS projects usually move fast, and will quickly switch to
newer (hopefully fixed) artifacts from central with correct POMs. And
the companies will... heh, they will use some "advanced repo manager"
to solve it ;D

IF not, how would you be able to get authoritative data to fill in the
missing POMs?

Thanks,
~t~