Hi!
I work on two projects which utilize Artifactory as build artifact manager. Both are used as proxies, so we want to make them both replace central, but not at the same time. I also deploy/release company internal artifacts to libs-releases/libs-snapshots to companyA's repo and to companyB's repo.
How can I implement this use case?

It seems to me that support for the servers element in a profile solves all my problems. Has such an idea been considered?

As a workaround I have tried creating two profiles in settings.xml and put properties i these. However, properties doesn't seem to be resolved neither within the properties element in the profile, nor in a server element.

E.g. in the following configuration none of the variables are resolved. (according to mvn help:effective-settings)

<settings>
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>central</id>
      <username>${central.username}</username>
      <password>${central.password}</password>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>libs-releases</id>
      <username>${libs-releases.username}</username>
      <password>${libs-releases.password}</password>
    </server>
    <server>
      <id>libs-snapshots</id>
      <username>${libs-snapshots.username}</username>
      <password>${libs-snapshots.password}</password>
    </server>
  </servers>
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>A</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <properties>
        <a.username>user</a.username>
        <a.password>pwd</a.password>

        <central.username>${a.username}</central.username>
        <central.password>${a.password}</central.password>

        <libs-releases.username>${a.username}</libs-releases.username>
<libs-releases.password>${a.password}</libs-releases.password>

        <libs-snapshots.username>${a.username}</libs-snapshots.username>
        <libs-snapshots.password>${a.password}</libs-snapshots.password>
      </properties>
  </profile>
  </profiles>
</settings>

Currently I manually change the settings.xml file, but this is very cumbersome. I could of course use multiple settings.xml files, but this is not an enticing solution either.

--
Regards
Erik Drolshammer