> I agree and we can do this for 2.1. We can't break the existing contract
> which can potentially screw a lot of people.

No one is proposing changing things for 2.0. If no encoding is
declared, it will use the system default, as it has always done.

We're just talking about INFO vs WARNING for informing users that they
have not declared the file encoding as we would (strongly) prefer. A
pretty small point in the grand scheme of things.

Wayne