I made something similar to help setup on my project :

running mvn -Psetup execute all required goals to prepare the developer env,
in my case a fast build (skipTests=true, compiler fail=false) +
eclipse:eclipse

This is done using a custom setup profile, that set default goal, some
properties and the required plugins.

Nico.