Brett Porter wrote:

On 07/07/2008, at 5:38 PM, Ralph Goers wrote:

Actually, after looking at the code a little bit it looks like this can be done without needing to modify the install or deploy plugins at all. This should just be a few lines in DefaultMavenProjectBuilder (my favorite piece of code!).

That sounds a bit dangerous, given how the other interpolation changes have affected things :) What is the change?

My main concern here is that if someone checked out the project in the future, would it still build the same considering it's got a property in it?
I'm still working on it. I'm trying for something simple, but as is usual there are always side effects to watch out for. I'll let you know when I have something that works without impacting anything. In a nutshell though, I'm not looking for a "real" property. I just want a property that says "use the version that is in the parent at the relative path. Of course, the trick here is that when the pom is installed or deployed that "variable" has to be replaced with a real version.

Ralph