I think that makes sense - much like release, enforcer, etc. that don't need separate lists.

It'd be worth deciding on a separate plugin list first since it would move there instead... so far that seems to be no objections, but no real push and a bit of maybe later :)

Would also need to check whether there are any subscribers to surefire- * that are not on the corresponding Maven lists.

- Brett