On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Dan Fabulich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I thought it would be cool to have a downloader plugin that let you do this:
>
>  mvn downloader:get
>    -Dartifact=org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-scm-plugin:1.1
>    -DrepoUrl=http://people.apache.org/~olamy/staging-repo

If it will download anything (not just plugins) how about adding a
goal to the dependency plugin?

Also make sure the repoUrl parameter is consistent with other plugins
that have the same thing (archetype? is repository spelled out? URL or
Url? ).  And it might need a repository id param in case it requires
credentials.

(I don't need it for plugin testing, I use a repository manager that
proxies and just add another connector to the staging repo.
Alternately, the plugin repo can go in settings.xml, it doesn't
require a pom.)

--
Wendy