On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Eugene Kuleshov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Milos Kleint wrote:
>>
>> as a user of the nexus indexer (in netbeans integration), I'm hoping
>> this kind of statements only mean compatible changes in the index that
>> will not break users of the old APIs.
>> Can you confirm?
>>

>  Absolutely. But I still recommend to update to the latest when you can
> (currently the latest is 1.0 release).

Sure, I actually did within netbeans maven trunk a few days back.

but as with any software there's a long tail of people who keep using
old versions of the software. There's various degrees of failure that
can show up. Getting exceptions with old client+new index file is
unacceptable, getting wrong or empty results is better (but still
wrong)

What I meant is that the lifecycle of the software depending on the
APIs of nexus indexer is different than the library itself and
sometimes change (both on the product dev and user side) takes time.
At the same time it's fairly easy to upload new index for the new API
to central...

Milos