John Casey wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> So, it seems that we're all in agreement about the rough outline for
> 2.1.x and beyond. I've renamed the current RC branch to be 2.1.0-M1-RC
> to make this the first milestone toward some as-yet-undetermined feature
> list for 2.1.0.
>
> So, let's talk about that feature list. From earlier comments, I've
> gathered that the following may be good targets to include for 2.1.0:
>
> - Dan's reactor changes
> - Parallel downloads
> - PGP stuff
> - MNG-624 and related issues/feature enhancements (parent versioning,
> right?)
>
> What I don't know is what state of maturity each of these is in, and on
> what timeline they can be stabilized. Do the relevant developers have
> enough time to finish implementing, testing, and documenting each
> feature, so we could get a 2.1.0 GA out in, say 6 weeks or so? Maybe a
> better approach would be to try for a new milestone release that
> contains the final result of each new feature (with latent parts of the
> rest, as we work on them), such that the 2.1.0 GA will contain all the
> new features in their complete forms, with any regressions identified
> fixed and incorporated?
>
> I haven't found the pertinent Confluence pages describing the above
> features yet...maybe they don't exist or maybe I haven't looked hard
> enough yet, but we'll need to collect the list somewhere that we can
> make it public going forward, and then publish that release plan URL on
> the Maven site.
>
> Are there other things that we can fit into this sort of timeframe? Is
> this too much? It's my strong preference that we try to cap this release
> cycle at two months, so I guess this means taking the list of "nearly
> there" features and determining whether we'll have the time to stabilize
> them for inclusion, given our current availability.

With a timeframe of 2 months I would like to see Doxia beta-1 included
in the core. This is tracked in JIRA as
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3602

In the discussions surrounding that issue it was determined there would
not be enough exposure of Doxia beta-1 until the next release (at that
time). But with the new timeframe for the 2.1 release we should be able
to get good testing of Doxia beta-1.

--
Dennis Lundberg