just FYI, it should work fine in NetBeans. (after adding code to
recognize the new parameters)
But I'm not sure if the setting itself is enough to be truly useful.
Since the sourcelevel is to be set to 1.5+ jdk javac only (as the 1.4
javac would spill on the 1.5 source level value), the maven build
needs to be run with jdk 1.5. That in turn allows some 1.5 features to
leak into the 1.4 based source root. But I guess that's not only the
case for the new parameter but to the existing one as well..

Milos