You are right, and i am not really understand the rational behind why
the command works directory with remote url rather local file.

so you may need to go ehead with your own implemtation.

I also filed SCM-433 to allow me at least run "svn info" on a local
directory, so that i can get rid of buildnumber plugin's
SvnInfoCommand implementation

-Dan