pi song wrote:
I just had a look at Mercury artifact resolver. It currently returns a list
of artifacts.
Mercury has the following resolution APIs - see DependencyBuilder interface:
- buildTree - creates a full metadata tree
- resolveConflicts has two flavors
-- List<ArtifactMetadata> resolveConflicts( MetadataTreeNode root ) to create the classpath set -- MetadataTreeNode resolveConflictsAsTree( MetadataTreeNode root ) for tool integration, reduces the full tree into resolved tree

At this stage APIs are experimental (it's still alpha product) and are subjected to change as we go on with Maven integration.

Please feel free to register any suggestions/requirements in Mercury jira:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY

Thanks,
Oleg

I think you will need a middle man to help expose that list as simplified
tree anyway (for plug-in developers).

Am I right? Just want to understand a bit more.

Pi Song