not an expert on m2eclipse but netbeans is also using a quite old version of
2.1-SNAPSHOT (from last June to be precise). The current trunk is not there
yet (and since it will take some effort to migrate I will wait for betas as
least).

I've got the same issue reported (not with enforcer, but the <prerequisite>
element.).
I've *fixed* the issue with faking 2.9-SNAPSHOT as version of the embedded
maven.
In any case I encourage people to use command line maven for building in
netbeans, not the embedded one.

Milos