On Feb 21, 2010, at 1:58 AM, tbee wrote:

> jvanzyl wrote:
>>
>> I answer more tomorrow, but for now here's a blog on making a custom
>> lifecycle.
>>

> That certainly looks doable, basically I need to create a "onejar" (or our
> alternative that is) packaging. Seems logical.
>
> If you have two plugins, e.g. something to do at the beginning and something
> at the end, then each possible configuration needs its own packaging. In
> Maven3 this would be solved with "extention points" to add this to an
> existing packaging life cycle; post-packaging in the onejar case.
>
> How far implemented are these extention points? Are these usable on the
> daily builds of M3? If I'm going to set this up, I would prefer to do this
> on the IMHO better solution.

I have implementations of many features in my Git copy, but it doesn't really
matter until post 3.0 because most of these changes require changes in the POM.
I am however trying to make a clean way to try these features with plugins
configurations. I just haven't had time to finish that approach. Implementing
the features is not so much a problem but making available without changing the
current format of the POM is tricky.

Building up to 3.0 I'm focusing on Maven 3.0 working with M2Eclipse, Tycho,
Nexus and Hudson. There are some changes that are still getting cycled through
as a result of this work so I'm not overly keen on adding anything new until
after 3.0.